Recently, I made a tutorial for how to make super smooth slow motion GoPro footage in Quicktime 7 Pro. However, I did not realize that the same can be done quicker, easier and for FREE in GoPro’s free editing software Cineform Studio.
How to slow your video down in Cineform Studio
Want to see the video tutorial of this process? Follow me on Google + at:
1. Download Cineform Studio from GoPro.com
2. Import your video into Cineform Studio. The original footage should be shot in 60 to 120 frames per second (fps). The higher the smoother!
3. Trim away excess footage by setting “in” and “out”.
4. In Advanced Setting, set frames per second to 23.98p or 29.97p. I prefer the latter, as it gives a smoother result.
5. Add clip to conversion list and hit “convert”.
6. Go to “step 2″.
6b. (optional) Make any color changes you desire.
7. Go to “File” and “Export .mov”
Voila! You now have a super smooth slow motion video of your GoPro footage. The exported file can of course be imported into iMovie, Movie Maker or other editing software.